PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What's in these terms?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way,
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
www.mavaila.com is a site operated by Profficio LLC ("We"). We are registered in Nigeria under company number RC921308 and our trading address is at 2a Hakeem Dickson Street, Lekki Phase 1, Lagos State Nigeria.
We are a limited liability company.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on +2349093795631.
By using our site you accept these terms
That Mavaila is a platform that facilitates possible interactions between volunteers and prospective employers (Companies and Volunteers hereinafter referred to as Users). Mavaila does not guarantee that by using our platform you will get a placement with any company if you do not meet their requirements. By using our site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our Terms of website use [https://mavaila.com/useragrement] also apply to your use of our site.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on the 24th of May 2020.
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal information is important to us and to the way we conduct our business in compliance with laws on privacy, data protection and data security. The purpose of this policy is to outline what information we may collect, how we use and safeguard that information and with whom we may share it.
We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of integrity in our business. In conducting our business, it is necessary to obtain, handle, process, disclose, transfer and store information about Users of our site. We take these activities seriously and seek to provide fair, secure and appropriate methods, which are consistent with both generally accepted privacy ethics and standard business practices, when carrying them out.
Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser whilst the user is browsing that website.
We would strongly recommend that you allow cookies on our website to ensure you have the best possible experience. Turning off cookies may result in reduced performance of our website, however if you would still like to opt out of cookies, you can do this through your website browser. Our customer support team would be happy to talk you through this process if you require assistance.
Use of Web Beacons
Some pages on our website may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information, which includes a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of each campaign.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use [https://mavaila.com/useragrement].
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
* any part of our site;
* any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
* any software used in the provision of our site; or
* any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
* Chat rooms.
* Bulletin boards.
* Spin-off products and services.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material, which you contribute to our site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
* Be accurate (where it states facts).
* Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
* Comply with the law applicable in the Federal Republic of Nigeria and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
* Be defamatory of any person.
* Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
* Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
* Promote sexually explicit material.
* Include child sexual abuse material.
* Promote violence.
* Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
* Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
* Be likely to deceive any person.
* Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
* Promote any illegal activity.
* Be in contempt of court.
* Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
* Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
* Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person..
* Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Mavaila or any of its affiliates, if this is not the case.
* Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
* Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
* Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
* Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
* Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
* Issue of a warning to you.
* Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
* Further legal action against you.
* Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
The User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Mavaila, its affiliates, group companies and their directors, officers, employees, agents, third party service providers, and any other third party providing any service to Mavaila in relation to the Website whether directly or indirectly, from and against any and all losses, liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements in connection therewith and interest chargeable thereon) asserted against or incurred by Mavaila that arise out of, result from, or may be payable by virtue of, any breach or non‐performance of any terms of this Agreement including any representation, warranty, covenant or agreement made or obligation to be performed by any User pursuant to this Agreement.
We shall not be liable for any failure to perform any obligations under this Agreement or provide the Services or any part thereof if the performance is prevented, hindered or delayed by a Force Majeure Event, Government Lockout and in such case its obligations shall be suspended for so long as the Force Majeure Event, Government Lockout continues.
If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such provision or part of such provision and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions of this Agreement shall continue to be in full force and effect.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
If you use our site, please note that the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria govern the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation. You and we both agree that the courts of the Federal Republic of Nigeria will have exclusive jurisdiction.
If you are a business, the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“By leaning on each other and continually looking out for one another, we take the first step in tackling unemployment and other chronic problems in Africa. Advancements in technology have provided us with the capability to do so much more efficiently.”